BLACK PROJECT - R TYPE FINS

"Black project fins - Tom Hammerton is the owner and designer of Black Project Fins. He officially launched Black Project in 2010 after spending several years working to develop them with the simple goal: To make the best fins possible.

Black Project Fins is something that has grown and evolved over the last few years. It all started because I simply was not happy with the quality of fins available. I had tried all kinds of brands and it just seemed I was not getting the performance I should. Being a sail designer and having studied aerodynamics in college I thought I could do better.

The very first fin I made had the exact performance predicted and exceeded my expectations for control – it was an excellent start. Encouraged by this I dove into some serious research and started using Computational Fluid Dynamics software to test various stock foils ( I have a library of over 1000!). Most foils are in fact designed for aircraft and were never intended to be used as windsurfing fins in water. So I developed my own foils that are specific to water and the correct scale.


Black projekt R - type fins

RACING is what this fin is all about with uncompromised performance across a wide range of conditions. The proprietary laminar flow foil is designed to produce maximum performance in slalom racing conditions with high lift and low drag. This translates to better acceleration and higher speeds. Speed is nothing without control however and this fin delivers unmatched stability with plenty of grip giving the confidence to push as hard as possible no mater how rough the course gets."

50 cm. R-type on a Starboard Phantom race 380
FEATURES
  • Maximum performance: Close reach to broad reach
  • Moderate rake for board control
  • Modified elliptical outline for maximum efficiency
  • Highly spin-out resistant
  • Solid G-10 Tuttle base
  • Threaded brass inserts





SIZE

BOX

AREA
(CM.)
30

Tuttle

231
32.5Tuttle252
35Tuttle274
37.5Tuttle297
40Tuttle320
42.5Tuttle344
45Tuttle367
47.5Tuttle392
50Tuttle417


TO SE MORE ON BLACK PROJECT FINS CLICK HERE
TO GO TO BLACK PROJEKT FINS FACEBOOK CLICK HERE